Baby Einstein Halloween Fun at Home: Baby Mozart Koala Costume
It’s almost time for your baby’s first Halloween and you are probably beginning to think about your lil pumpkin’s first costume. It has to be fun, original and express their funny little personality, right? So what better than to make one inspired by that Baby Einstein toy he’s been toting or the book he’s enamored of? We have a few easy ideas to make your baby’s first Baby Einstein Halloween costume at home with just a few handy items and a touch of creativity!
Your baby’s favorite cuddly blue koala can become your inspiration for your Baby Mozart costume made easy.
What you’ll need:
Red baby tee-shirt or onesie
Your baby’s jeans
1 large blue felt square
1 large yellow felt square
A soda bottle lid
2 barrette backs
A Rainstick Pal
Sharpie or fabric marker
- Lay out your yellow felt and place the soda bottle lid on it, face up or face down will work just the same.
- Trace 3 circles with your fabric pen, cut them out and place aside. You’ll need them in just a bit.
- Next lay out your red tee shirt on a flat surface. If it’s wrinkled you will want to iron or use the old shower steamer trick so that your homemade buttons will stick properly.
- Place glue on one side of the yellow dots and evenly place them vertically down the front of your tee. Let dry overnight on a flat surface.
- Take cardboard and draw a large oval. This will be for the bear ears so use your judgment on the size.
- Cut out the oval. Now hold it with the circular edges top to bottom and cut in half horizontally (save some cardboard for later).
- Use your oval halves as a stencil to cut the same shapes from your blue felt. Again you’ll need 2 pieces of blue felt for the ears.
- Glue your felt ears to one side of the cardboard and leave until dry.
- Once dried fold the bottom inch back so that your ear can almost stand on its own. Take that lip and place a strip of glue and then stick on the barrette backing and hold for 3-5 minutes or until dry.
- Now for the last step! Trace your best bowtie shape out of cardboard, cut it out and use it as a stencil to cut the same shapes from your blue felt.
- Glue your felt to the cardboard and leave until dry.
- Glue your dried bowtie to the tee-shirt and let it dry overnight.
Dress your baby in his new Baby Mozart tee with jeans as the perfect bottoms and clip the barrettes loosely in his adorable locks. And that’s it…really! Oh, and if you have one of our Rainstick Pals around let baby hold it as his very own conductor baton.
- If you are a crafty sewer you can swap out felt buttons with real ones. Just gather old buttons from your house and sew them to your tot’s red tee
- If you have a blue jacket around add it to your baby’s costume for the full effect.
Do you have a tip for making your own Baby Einstein themed Halloween costume? Let us know and don’t forget to share your baby’s adorable Baby Einstein Halloween pictures with us on Facebook. Be sure to check back next week for more costume ideas!