Baby Einstein Halloween Fun: Baby Caterpillar Costume
Still can’t decide on the perfect costume for baby’s first Halloween? Last week we shared our Baby Mozart Koala idea, and this week we have another exciting option for you! Everyone loves the colorful Baby Einstein caterpillar and we have a homemade costume trick that’ll transform your little one into the sweet crawling critter.
What You’ll Need:
1 large square red, green, purple and blue colored felt
1 yellow tee-shirt or onesie
1 sheet of butterfly stickers
2 barrette backings
Lipstick or rouge
Sharpie or fabric marker
- Place a plate on a sheet of felt and trace the plate with your fabric pen. Do this with 3-4 different colored felts
- Cut out the circles and place them aside
- Next take your tot’s yellow tee shirt and lay it on a flat surface once again. Make sure that there are no wrinkles on the tee for best results.
- Add glue to one side of the felt circle (try to apply glue to the side with the Sharpie markings) and place scattered on the front side of the tee. Let dry overnight.
- You can jazz up your felt circles by tracing the outer edges with Crayola glitter pens.
- While your tee is drying cut out 2 evenly sized triangles cardboard pieces of the same size. This will be for your little caterpillar ears so judge the size by your baby’s size.
- Cut them out and use as a stencil on your red felt to cut 2 felt triangles.
- Glue the cardboard to the felt and leave until dry.
- Once dry, fold down 1/8 of the larger end of each triangle. Take that lip and place a strip of glue and then stick on the barrette backing (you can use the back to old ones or find backings at your local craft store)and hold for 3-5 minutes or until dry.
- Once your tee is dry place the butterfly stickers all over the tee.
- Now that you have your costume ready dress your little caterpillar.
- One last step! Give your baby a smudge of rouge or lipstick on each cheek to match our Baby Einstein caterpillar’s rosy cheeks and you are ready for baby’s first Halloween!
Stay tuned for another great Baby-Einstein themed costume idea next week. We hope you and your baby have a great first Halloween together!