Baby Einstein Halloween Fun: Baby Octoplush Costume
Halloween is right around the corner! If you’re still on the hunt for the perfect costume, we’ve got another adorable Baby Einstein-inspired suggestion for you.
What ‘s blue, has 8 arms and a huge smile? Your little Octoplush baby! This one will take a little bit of sewing, but trust me, it’s still easy and can be done in no time at all.
What you’ll need:
1 large blue felt square
4 large blue socks
2 baby blue socks
Blue tee-shirt or onesie
Needle & thread
- Take your blue socks and stuff them with tissue paper.
- Take the ends of the socks and sew them shut leaving about an inch at the end to work with later. Don’t worry if your stich isn’t perfect.
- Decide where on your blue tee or onesie you want to sew the new octopus arms and get sewing. You will want to do a double stich to make sure that the socks are really tightly sewn on and won’t fall off as your baby is moving around. Also keep in mind that your little guy will probably be enjoying most of Halloween from the seat of his stroller so try to keep the arms to his front and sides.
- Time for that bowtie made easy! Just take your cardboard and draw a bowtie.
- Cut it out and use as your stencil to cut the same shape from your blue felt.
- Glue your felt to the cardboard and leave until dry, then glue your dried bowtie to your tee shirt and let it dry overnight.
- Accessorize your baby with a white hat. A sun hat would be adorable, but any white hat will work just fine. When dressing your baby don’t forget his blue socks. Once you have the whole outfit on, place one of the colorful stickers on each of his hands and feet and at the end of his new octo arms. Voila, your own little Baby Einstein octopus! Of course, remember to bring his octoplush along for all of the trick or treat fun!