Playground Chatter: What Makes Your Baby Giggle?
We know that you have your own bag of tricks, but maybe you will find some new ideas from some of our community’s tried and true recommendations for putting a smile on baby’s face. Whether it takes pig sounds or patty cake, it’s always fun to find new ways to get a great big laugh out of your little one.
- LifeofthisSAHM tweeted, “We just have to do baby kisses. I don’t know why, maybe it tickles, but it works.”
- Kikicomp tweeted, “Blowing raspberrys on tummy or pulling funny faces nvr fails.”
- Brenda agreed, “Blowing rasberries on my grandsons feet!!”
- Annie shared, “My hubby likes to blow on baby’s stomach. That sends baby hysterical with laughter. The sweetest sound ever.”
- Honey suggested, “Make piggie sounds n tickle.”
- Renee agreed, “The pig sounds works for my little man too! He thinks it is the funniest thing ever!”
- Carol said of her son, “Thomas loves to grab our spinning office chair and literally pushes us close to it so we can run after him and he giggles his little bum off! Hilarious!”
- Leigh Ann said, “I sing patty cake to him and hold his hands to make the motions. It gets him every time.”
- Nanci told us about her games, “We play moma’s going to eat you up…they love it and I get to smother them in kisses. Grandpa plays where’s your belly button with them…he is, after all, their most favorit-est person in the whole wide world!”
- Tanya shared, “I take my nose and wiggle it on his back, sides, and arm pits. Plus making high pitched noises too.”
- Susie said, “My daughter is 6 1/2 months old and we do I’m a little teapot and she loves it. Oh and playing peek a boo! Pretty much anything makes her laugh!”
- Tressa said, “Nibble on her toes, she loves having her feet played with or laugh at her.”
- Carla said, “My almost 5 month old giggles like crazy when he sees his favorite Baby Einstein toy, it’s a green octopus that came with his activity gym. We take it everywhere.”
- Jennifer told us, “My 6 month old thinks that her 5 year old brother is the funniest thing a live…she also likes it when we tickle her or make sing to her.”
- Shakeri said, “My 21 month old laughs at the word ouch.”
- Crystal told us, “My 3 month old loves it when I make silly faces while I’m changing her! esp when I sing about how smelly, cracks her up.”
- Lisa suggested, “Tickle them on the inside of their thigh right where their diaper stops. Gets them every time!”
- Amanda divulged, “He likes farting noises! I stick my tongue out and blow, he thinks it’s hilarious!!!”
- Shauna told us, “I put a toy on my head and pretend to sneeze, this makes my fourteen month old laugh out loud every time. Then he tries to put toys on his head and do the same. I could do this over and over and always get big laughs!”
- Kelly told us, “My daughter, Kate, is 17 months. All we have to do is twirl with her in the curtains. We go round and round and as soon as we get to the end, she wants to go back the other way.”
- Angel said of her granddaughter, “I take a drink from my bottle of Propel (flavored water) and say ‘grandma’s bottle’ and she thinks it’s hilarious.”
A big thank you to all those who shared their tips and tricks! We enjoyed hearing about what makes your baby giggle at all ages. If you have more stories or suggestions to add, feel free to share them with fellow readers in the comments!