Playground Chatter: What’s Your Little One’s Middle Name?
Middle names can often have a unique or special meaning. How did you come up with your little one’s middle name? Was it inspired by a grandparent, a friend, or a favorite character? We recently asked fans what their little ones’ middle names are in honor of Middle Name Pride Day, and got nearly 700 responses! Check out some of the sweet responses and add yours in the comments below!
While some of the most common girls’ middle names are Grace, Rose, and Elizabeth, other parents came up with special and sentimental names unique to their own family:
- Baron shared, “Debra after her gramma/my mom ….RIP”
- Micah exclaimed, “My daughters middle name is Meradee. It means happy song. Her first name is Lyric. ”
- Danielle said, “Renee – It was my middle name until I got married & changed it to my Maiden name ”
- Keri added, “Ann, like her mama:)”
- Christine noted, “Jeannette after her grandma ♥”
- @cjralson tweeted, “@babyeinstein Jolee (a combination of mommy and daddy’s middle names!)
- La Costa showed her creativity with “Rynn, my father’s 1st initial + my mother’s middle name (Rod + Lynn)”
Some of the most common boys’ middle names are James, Wayne, and Alexander! Was that one of your chosen names?
- Michelle said her son’s middle name is “Kenneth! After his grandfather and uncle ; )”
- Angela shared, “Kevin’s is Anthony and Nathan’s is Christopher =)”
- Carmen posted, “Dashiell LAWRENCE. Named after BOTH Gran-Diddy’s.”
Some of our fans gave their children multiple middle names!
- Kate added, “I have three children, Twin 8 year olds whose middle names are Anne (Anne of Green Gables) and Elizabeth. My son’s middle names are Robert (after my Grandpa) and Scott (my husband’s middle name).”
- Jamie shared, “My almost 2year-old is Hadassah Machiavelli Jemlich-Acosta… Her abuela STILL can’t pronounce it!”
- Sheri wrote, “ My 14 yr olds is Ann and my 19 month old has two…. Rose Irene”
- In addition, Keisha said, “My daughter’s is Symphony Hayden Rochelle. And my son’s will be Alessandro Cyril”
So tell us, did your little one’s middle name make our list of the most common? Or did you come up with your own unique name?