Summer, Summer, Summertime! Don’t Forget These Summer-Centric Diaper Bag Essentials
Now that summer is almost here it’s time to make room in your diaper bag for summertime essentials! Say goodbye to extra layers, gloves, rain gear etc. and hello to sunny accessories! To help you make the transition, check out our essential checklist below. Happy Summer!
- First and foremost, don’t leave home without baby-friendly sunscreen! Although baby might not like it very much, be sure to re-apply often throughout the day, especially if your little one is in and out of the water.
- Another vital accessory for summer is baby’s sun hat and sunglasses. Your little one’s skin is very sensitive and wearing a hat and sunglasses is a great way to protect baby from harmful UVA rays.
- For all the little fish out there, don’t forget a swim suit and the swim diapers! Since they soak up water pretty quickly, bringing extras (along with regular diapers) is always a good idea.
- Since baby will most likely be getting wet and/or dirty playing in the summer sun, be sure to bring an extra change of clothes, blanket and a towel (or two!).
- To help entertain your summer baby, be sure to pack sand toys, water toys and chew-friendly travel toys.
- As all moms know, packing snacks in the diaper bag is absolutely necessary. For summer, pack snacks that keep well in the summer sun such as cheerios, goldfish, crackers and fruit.
Are there any vital items we left out? Let us know by sharing your summertime essentials in the comments section below!