Posts tagged Baby's first
When you first start introducing your little one to solid foods, it’s fun and exciting to watch them discover the different flavors! From fruits to veggies, our fans recently shared what foods their little ones enjoy the most. Bananas and sweet potatoes seem top the list, but read on for what other flavors tots favor!
- Lindsay shared, “Peas and cheesies! (:”
- Jenny posted, “Whatever he can get a hold of. He loves to eat. His favorite might be banana or sweet potato”
- Christina said, “Squash and mac and cheese.”
- Kerry echoed, “squash, peas, and bananas”
- Mindy added, “Anything and everything. Lol”
- Cheryl wrote, “yogurt”
- Joshua shared, “Anything green my boys a stud!!”
Some of your little ones really love their fruits and veggies – so cute!
- Astra posted, “Raspberries!”
- Krista added, “Ice cream, watermelon, green beans, bananas, More >
Has the time come for your little one to get their first hair cut? Although you may be filled with mixed emotions, as you are starting to see your little one grow-up right in front of your eyes, taking your little one for his or her first haircut is very exciting. This is just one of the many ‘first’ experiences you get to share with baby, as it marks a special milestone.
Discover the right time to go. There’s no wrong or right time to head to the salon. It all depends on how much hair your little one was blessed with. If you see hair starting to get in baby’s eyes, it might be time to start planning a trip to see your trusty stylist.
Share the experience with them. The salon is a new and unfamiliar place for baby. Having someone squirt water on your head and hold scissors near your face can be quite intimidating. Show them what’s More >
This year is flying by and as we reach the mid-year mark, we asked our fans what major milestones they have seen their little one hit so far this year. From crawling to first words, each one achieved something great. Here are some accomplishments they shared with us:
- @soooooty said, “my boy is 3 n finally can make up sentence among the gibberish he says:-)”
- @SarahABDS tweeted, “so many but i’m waiting my LO to mark the main milestone: to sleep through the night!!!!”
- @AngelMom037 shared, “So many! He turned 1 this yr so walking & talking are the big ones =)”
- Jennifer commented, “Starting to talk, and beginning PTing! 12-18 months is a very busy time”
- Julia posted, “My munchkin is rolling over and almost sitting up independently…”
- Ash noted, “My baby girl khloe is 6 months and she is army crawling rolling over and sitting up all on More >
Baby Einstein loves happy and smiling babies! In honor of Happy Baby Day, we asked our fans how they keep their little ones smiling. Everyone was full of creative ideas to keep those giggles going all day long – from tickling to music to funny faces! Here are some of the tips they shared with us:
- Andrea posted, “Chasing and tickling!”
- Roxana added, “Dancing, funny faces, play , music, water, hugs all the time.”
- Kayla shared, “He’s 5 months old, we always sing to each other and he usually smiles and laughs at my singing!”
- Mell said, “spending quality time with him… playing, eating, dancing, singing, shopping and reading books…”
- Carla noted, “Dance parties and tickle hugs!!”
- Leslie posted, “We did Stroller Strides this morning and played and watched her favorite shows! Plus daddy is coming home early from work )”
- Of course, some of More >
It’s that time of year again! Mother’s Day is right around the corner and it’s time to get into the spirit of the holiday. Celebrating moms is fun for the whole family, so why not make it extra special this year? Whether this is your first time celebrating Mother’s Day, you’re pregnant and anticipating the celebration, or if you’re a Mother’s Day veteran, check out these suggestions for a fun-filled day all for moms.
- Breakfast in Bed
Take the morning off and enjoy breakfast in bed. If this is something you enjoy, don’t be afraid to hint to your spouse and little ones that this would be a fun tradition to start in your family. Any time mom feels special is good for the soul of the family too!
- A Picture Frame
Moms can never have too many pictures of their pregnant belly or cute face of their little ones, right? GettingMore >
Middle names can often have a unique or special meaning. How did you come up with your little one’s middle name? Was it inspired by a grandparent, a friend, or a favorite character? We recently asked fans what their little ones’ middle names are in honor of Middle Name Pride Day, and got nearly 700 responses! Check out some of the sweet responses and add yours in the comments below! While some of the most common girls’ middle names are Grace, Rose, and Elizabeth, other parents came up with special and sentimental names unique to their own family:
- Baron shared, “Debra after her gramma/my mom ….RIP”
- Micah exclaimed, “My daughters middle name is Meradee. It means happy song. Her first name is Lyric. ”
- Danielle said, “Renee – It was my middle name until I got married & changed it to my Maiden name ”
- Keri added, “Ann, like her More >