Posts tagged Baby's first
Middle names can often have a unique or special meaning. How did you come up with your little one’s middle name? Was it inspired by a grandparent, a friend, or a favorite character? We recently asked fans what their little ones’ middle names are in honor of Middle Name Pride Day, and got nearly 700 responses! Check out some of the sweet responses and add yours in the comments below! While some of the most common girls’ middle names are Grace, Rose, and Elizabeth, other parents came up with special and sentimental names unique to their own family:
- Baron shared, “Debra after her gramma/my mom ….RIP”
- Micah exclaimed, “My daughters middle name is Meradee. It means happy song. Her first name is Lyric. ”
- Danielle said, “Renee – It was my middle name until I got married & changed it to my Maiden name ”
- Keri added, “Ann, like her More >
Spring is here! The weather is warming up, the flowers and trees are beginning to bloom, and the days are longer. So what better way to bring in the season with your little one than with some fun springtime activities? Check out a few fun ways to celebrate the new season below!
Make hand flowers
Capture this special moment in your baby’s life by tracing his/her little hands on colorful paper. Once you’ve traced their hands a few times, cut each one out and tie, glue or staple them onto a plastic straw for a fun springtime bouquet. You’ll be sure to treasure their tiny “handmade” flowers for years to come!
Excite your little one by taking baby to a local petting zoo. You’ll love watching their reactions as they get to meet, pet and interact with different types of animals. Be sure to bring your camera!
Go to the Park
It’s a New Year and time for reflecting. We recently asked our fans if they have any resolutions for 2012, for themselves or their little ones. Read all about them here and share your thoughts!
- Samantha said, “Just to continue to be healthy and grow.”
- Krysten noted, “Just keep with the healthy eating and making him a happy toddler.”
- Callie shared, “Continue to love each other and spend as much time together!”
- Amanda posted, “[take] at least one picture of the 3 of us a week.”
- Charlene said, “My son will be 2 in March and got him a Cars Potty for his potty training. I have the resolution that he will be potty trained here shortly.”
- Stephanie shared, “Getting ready and motivated to do homeschool preschool. My oldest isn’t even 3 yet and can count to ten, knows her alphabet, and her colors. At this rate with a real focus on teaching her, More >
Having a baby can be a different experience for everyone. We recently asked our fans and followers what they first thought when their little ones entered the world. From shock and surprise to love and gratitude, there was a wide variety of responses. Check out what they had to say below.
- Lenny thought, “Wow, he’s perfect!”
- Sarah shared, “That 9 lb 8 oz boy just came out of ME?”
- Karen commented, “He is so big!!!”
- Lindsay said, “Oh my god I just gave birth to a handsome boy all natural! How did I do that?”
- Caitlin noted, “Wow, he looks just like his daddy!!!”
- Jessica shared, “Wow, we did it! Our daughter is amazing and finally a part of our family!”
- Kimberley wrote, “Wow!! THANK YOU LORD!!! HE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!”
- Angela added, “thank god she is out!!”
- ShivaD19 tweeted, “Whoaaaaa!!! That’s my baby!!! Lol”
- yyc_mom commented, “it was: “What? More >
Now is a wonderful time to introduce your little one to the fall season by taking him on a journey of discovery with color, texture, and shapes! Check out these fun fall activities that will get the two of you outdoors and exploring together.
Changing Leaves One of the most wonderful things about autumn for adults and children alike is watching the trees erupt in riotous color. No matter how many times you see it, it never gets old, and watching your little one take in nature’s marvels for the very first time can be a wonderful experience. Go on a nature walk and talk to your baby as you point out vivid shades of yellow, orange, and red. Take turns holding different colored leaves up close to him. He’ll be captivated by the bright colors!
Pumpkin Patch Visiting the pumpkin patch is a favorite fall activity for children and parents More >
Are you decorating a nursery room to welcome home your little bundle of joy?
Once you have all your nursery essentials – crib, changing table, dresser, rocking chair, baby monitor, hamper, etc. – now it’s time to have fun putting the room together! Since it can be a bit overwhelming to create the perfect environment for your little one, a check list of must-haves is very helpful in making sure you’ll have everything ready for baby’s arrival. Check out our list of recommended items:
Nightlight A small nightlight in the room can help comfort baby so it’s not pitch dark. In addition, the extra light can be helpful when you enter to check in on your little one during the night. If baby is sound asleep, you can tiptoe out of the room without having to turn on the light.
Music Have some soothing sounds on hand to calm baby before naptime. More >