Posts tagged bonding with baby
I have an 8X10 photo of myself almost 1 year after the birth of my youngest daughter and there are two dark holes with a little speck of light where my eyes should’ve been. I was more messed up than I thought! With too many things only I could do and not enough of me to complete the list, I needed an intervention!
Let’s just tell the truth. Many of us moms secretly love the chaos of motherhood. It gives us purpose—to face each day as an unexpected surprise and then see how effective we can be against the challenges our children present. Babies have a way of being just unpredictable enough that something is bound to come up that throws you off the rails.
But here’s the catch: (more…)
I was reading the opening to a chapter in an excellent book on brain development, (“What’s Going On In There?”) by neurobiologist, Lise Eliot. She recalls how much relief she felt when her baby boy uttered his first word before his first birthday. I thought to myself, “that’s a pretty high bar” for the rest of us. Most babies begin using spoken language around 18 months of age.
As Dr. Eliot continues, it is clear that she is not really bragging, but making a point that might be overlooked by those baby milestone charts. These early months, when baby cannot say a thing are a very important time for us to get to work with our own words for baby. From the moment of their first coo and babble, to the moment they start calling you Mama or Dada, babies are practicing “language usage” in their heads!
If you pay attention, you will More >
When you first start introducing your little one to solid foods, it’s fun and exciting to watch them discover the different flavors! From fruits to veggies, our fans recently shared what foods their little ones enjoy the most. Bananas and sweet potatoes seem top the list, but read on for what other flavors tots favor!
- Lindsay shared, “Peas and cheesies! (:”
- Jenny posted, “Whatever he can get a hold of. He loves to eat. His favorite might be banana or sweet potato”
- Christina said, “Squash and mac and cheese.”
- Kerry echoed, “squash, peas, and bananas”
- Mindy added, “Anything and everything. Lol”
- Cheryl wrote, “yogurt”
- Joshua shared, “Anything green my boys a stud!!”
Some of your little ones really love their fruits and veggies – so cute!
- Astra posted, “Raspberries!”
- Krista added, “Ice cream, watermelon, green beans, bananas, More >
Has the time come for your little one to get their first hair cut? Although you may be filled with mixed emotions, as you are starting to see your little one grow-up right in front of your eyes, taking your little one for his or her first haircut is very exciting. This is just one of the many ‘first’ experiences you get to share with baby, as it marks a special milestone.
Discover the right time to go. There’s no wrong or right time to head to the salon. It all depends on how much hair your little one was blessed with. If you see hair starting to get in baby’s eyes, it might be time to start planning a trip to see your trusty stylist.
Share the experience with them. The salon is a new and unfamiliar place for baby. Having someone squirt water on your head and hold scissors near your face can be quite intimidating. Show them what’s More >
This year is flying by and as we reach the mid-year mark, we asked our fans what major milestones they have seen their little one hit so far this year. From crawling to first words, each one achieved something great. Here are some accomplishments they shared with us:
- @soooooty said, “my boy is 3 n finally can make up sentence among the gibberish he says:-)”
- @SarahABDS tweeted, “so many but i’m waiting my LO to mark the main milestone: to sleep through the night!!!!”
- @AngelMom037 shared, “So many! He turned 1 this yr so walking & talking are the big ones =)”
- Jennifer commented, “Starting to talk, and beginning PTing! 12-18 months is a very busy time”
- Julia posted, “My munchkin is rolling over and almost sitting up independently…”
- Ash noted, “My baby girl khloe is 6 months and she is army crawling rolling over and sitting up all on More >
Parenthood has by far been more crazy, more exhausting, more tiring, and more wonderful than I could have ever guessed it would be. Aiden has just now hit his year and a half mark, and some days I wondered where has the time gone? Where is my sweet little boy that was so small. Well he is still sweet but not so small anymore. With Aiden it was love at first sight, he brought new joy and love to my life. The first three months were hard if you are not used to having to get up every two hours, and there were times when I wondered if I am doing this right. But do not fear if you are a new mom because I learned that there really is no “right” way. Every kid is different and you are doing what is best for you and your child. Also it gets easier after the first three months.
As he gets older it really just gets funnier. He can now play More >