Posts tagged summer
From popsicles to potato salad, everyone loves summertime snacks! It’s a great opportunity to let your little ones try something new. Who knows how much their taste has changed each month? Take a look at some of the yummy snacks below and check out more ideas at Disney Family Fun!
- Citrus Sipper: Break a peppermint stick and stick it into an uncut lemon. Just suck on the stick as usual and soon it turns into a straw to give you a sugary-sweet treat! Yum.
- Frozen Flower Pops: Cut petal designs into pineapple, stick a watermelon ball in the center, and add a slice of green apple as a leaf. Freeze for an hour, and voila!
Memorial Day is upon us, which means that summer is officially on our radar! When thinking of summer a few things come to mind: warmer weather, ‘longer’ days, barbeques, fireflies, and much more. But one of the best parts of summer is the fun in the sun you have with your little one! The pool and beach are all great activities, but here are some additional ideas to keep good times rolling all summer long!
Have a Picnic
Gather a basket together with yummy snacks, plenty of water and a bunch toys for the kids, and hit the road to a local park or lake! Don’t forget to bring a few blankets to set up your summer picnic grounds for the family. It’s a great opportunity to take some photos of baby enjoying the warmer weather and will give you mementos that will last forever!
Go to a County/State Fair
You may need a stroller, but taking More >
Now that summer is almost here it’s time to make room in your diaper bag for summertime essentials! Say goodbye to extra layers, gloves, rain gear etc. and hello to sunny accessories! To help you make the transition, check out our essential checklist below. Happy Summer!
- First and foremost, don’t leave home without baby-friendly sunscreen! Although baby might not like it very much, be sure to re-apply often throughout the day, especially if your little one is in and out of the water.
- Another vital accessory for summer is baby’s sun hat and sunglasses. Your little one’s skin is very sensitive and wearing a hat and sunglasses is a great way to protect baby from harmful UVA rays.
- For all the little fish out there, don’t forget a swim suit and the swim diapers! Since they soak up water pretty quickly, bringing extras (along with regular More >